Monday, April 27, 2009

Legion II

James run. He run fast past the veteran's clubhouse and cut a man who was stumbly outside. The man yell, "Anarchist bastard," gurgly sound...he fall down. He choke on sidewalk, with blood. Blood make puddle in c'ment. I saw it first, then I saw James. James come see my mommy. Sirens loud when he came to my step. Mommy and me sat on step, it's bricks. "Hey kid" I looked down when he talked. Mommy was upset with Grammy. Mommy say, "You know James, when you have to raise your parents, the world comes together and falls apart at once. I can make my mother cry, she's powerless..." James say, "I don't know anything about being powerless." Rocks make scratches on brick, I drew James and Mommy talking. Man yelled down alley, say "Anyone see a guy with a knife?" James gave Mommy lots of dollar bills and say "See you in a few weeks." P'lice car at veteran's club, man say "I just had an argument with the guy over politics." Blind man make accident, put stick in blood and splash it around. P'lice man's shoes bloody. That was bad and lots of people cry and yell. On our bricks, little red spiders go around. They make bloody splats when you smoosh 'em, but not as much blood as the gurgly man makes. "Hold on Garrison" says a lady with a rag on her arm, like the kind mommy uses to wipe the cat's eye boogers. Garrison can't hold on, he's going somewhere floaty. Him's not there anymore. Lady crying. P'lice man laughed at Mommy when she said "Why are you doing this?" There was a big bee sound and she got really straight then she slept. I rode in the front seat. The P'lice man put Mommy in back, the door hit her head, but she was sleeping. James hide in weeds by chain fence when we went by. Ambulance take Garrison away now. Lady ride with him and cry. He's dead, she doesn't know.

No comments: